DSSG consultations are available to all Harvard affiliates (undergraduates, graduate students, postdocs, faculty, and professional staff).
Our goals for consultations are to
- Serve as a single point of entry to quickly answer digital scholarship questions
- Better surface and support new projects
- Identify emerging technology trends and user preferences
- Promote resources and events provided by the DSSG’s constituent organizations and affiliated groups or service-providers around campus
- Assist graduate students and postdocs working on independent projects without a faculty PI
We have worked with dozens of digital scholarship practitioners based in History, Anthropology, Evolutionary Biology, Sociology, EALC, Psychology, Classics, French, English, and numerous library and art museum units. We have fielded questions involved text analysis, data mining, computer vision and image recognition, digital repositories, digital storytelling, data management, content management systems including Scalar and Omeka, Python scripting, web scraping, digital pedagogy, TEI encoding, and digital mapping / GIS.
To start scheduling a consult session with the DSSG, please fill out this Google Form so we can bring in the appropriate experts and ensure the session is productive.